Thursday, November 18, 2010

4days in GHANA...Pure Bliss

Me and my girl G. Watson had been planning this trip for weeks and postponing due to the visit of the president to commission our project. But thanks to heaven November 12th finally arrived and I couldn`t wait to jump out of the office to the airport..

I left the office at a few minutes after 5:00pm rushing to the airport to catch my 5:20pm flight to Lagos so I will have enough time to rest,party a little in Lagos before heading to Accra the next morning. . Thanks to Arik my flight was delayed for 2hrs. After all the rush, twists and turns to beat homeward rush-hour, i finally arrived at the airport, jumped out and ran to the check-in counter only to hear...' Uhh, your plane is still in Abuja'. I said " mr man but I am flying to Lagos" . he said just wait we will call you back in when the plane is on ground.

So off I went to jist with friends and comment on people`s cars in the car park. Strangely enough we didnt hear our plane come in, didnt hear any boarding announcement ..nothing. At about 6:40 I got int to check if we were still travelling to find the entire boarding room completely empty...Rushing back to kiss goodbye to friends and collect my handbag OH BOY did I fall on the tarmac.....my phone shattered into bits ( i barely saved my SIM) my bead bracelet scattered colourful beads across the tar, I bruised my wrist, knees and ooooh so hurt my back. Standing up and cursing under my breath why such things always happen to me i was thanked God it was dark.. But i was so bent on getting on that flight i ignored the pains until i was onboard...""See me see trouble. After paying for my tickets these stupid Arik people want fly leave me?? FIA!!!! lol "
Anyways arrived safe in lag, had some fun at some new club ( forgot the name) and next morning 5:30am en route for MMIA Lagos. After some hassles with the airport guys i finally got myself and Georgia onto the plane and off to Acrra,,,,,,,,,,

Since I had been to Accra before I knew the hotel I wanted to stay in though I had forgotten the name. We didnt have any plan...I hate planned trips....kinda spoils the fun of spontaneiuty


It was pure bliss as I looked out of the plane and saw the beautiful city of Accra once again!! I was here in May 2010 on a working trip and promised Accra and myself to be back for a visit. And visit I did..


No comments:

Post a Comment